High Speed Stopping Aid

Happened to us last year on our way to Robin Hoods Bay.

About 60mph with the hood down (and I thought folded up reasonably well) when all of a sudden the hood has billowed up and is flapping around behind the car!

Much amusement to our convoy but a bit of a heart stopper at the time.

Luckily we were on a B road so no problem stopping, would not fancy it happening on the M25!!!

So come on guys and girls; how do you store yours when down?

I have tryed various ways of folding it, folding in between each bar of the frame, over the top of the frame and rolled up behind the seats, jammed in with luggage (this is the most successful, but I don't carry baggage all the time, unless you count the other half!)

I will try and rig up some straps but would like some ideas first.

Unc :blink:

Edited by unclepete

Pete, on my 3 it goes in the boot :) , but isn't that your dogs place :blink:

jean

I've tried that! You should hear the noise two Norfolk Terriers kick up in a confined space. :P

It's handy having the hood clipped around the back especially when it's sunshine and showers. It covers the hood frame as well!

Unc

My top goes into a vinyl bag which has snap and velcro closures. I bought it from Ken Nachman

E-mail Address:

k_nachman"AT"comcast.net. Ken is in Virginia. Change the "AT" to @

I also put my side curtains in a vinyl bag with a divider to keep them sepatate. I bought this from TRA Pres. John Warfield but Ken has them too. The bags protect all these item. The worst thing that you don't want to do is throw them into the boot and then put your heavy toolbox on top.

I put my low profile toolbox in first and then I incline the bag with the sidecurtains on top of the toolbox (with a piece of carpet in between followed by the bag with the soft top. After 16 years, people (and concours judges) think they are all brand new.

Don Elliott