Can anybody recommend a welder in the NW

My 6 was laid up in 1987 in not exactly A1 condition, and there she stayed until two years ago. I then enrolled on a restoration course at Liverpool Community College and later I started a proper course, obtaining a student grant along the way. (I wager you didn't know that was possible at 67 'yer!).

Everything went reasonable well until the end of the course, and then those of us who kept our cars undercover at the college could no longer do so; added to which the night time course fee would increase by 20% for each for the next three years. This of course was too much, added to which I have spent most of this year in and out of hospital.

In the meantime I had found two welder's who said that they were will to undertake the work I required, quite a lot actually, but I was willing to pay if it was reasonable standard and cost. However, both let down at the last minute leaving me stuck.

So my question is this are there any welders in the Merseyside, N.Wales or Manchester area that members from this area can recommend?

I have approached the guy who does work for TRBits (sp) he had an eighteen month waiting list last autumn but, I still put my name down more in hope than anything else. I will though, try and see him this week to see how things stand at present. I could have a try myself of course but I'm a bit reticent about doing so.

Regards,

Scouse. AKA Jon Godsell.

I'm back to college myself in two weeks time, at 70, in the Preston area. Our welding instructor could not be more skilful, but I've no idea if he wants this sort of work.

Would you be willing/able to bring the car to this area, or must the welder visit your garage?

What work needs doing?

JOhn

If congleton is not too far out of the way ?

Daytona autos

He's into jowetts but you can't hold that against him.

Thanks for the replies,

John: Could you please ask the instructor if he was interested in doing the job for me? I would be willing to bring the shell up to Preston for him to look at; I can also supply numerous pictures of the job to date as well. There is though, a lot of work that needs to be done, including finishing off welding I started on the passenger side floor and sill, cutting out and inserting a new floor, sill, and inner wing on drivers side plus a few other bits and bobs. I have all or most of the panel's ready for fitting.

Hamish: The garage that you have suggested appears to be a good prospect as well though, I will wait before approaching them until I hear from John.

Regards,

Jon.