Chris Hubball, a Group leader with a TR4, has a problem with the Revington Hazard Warning kit which he bought a long time ago and is attempting to fit to his TR4.

He has described the problem thus:

My car is a TR4 I purchased a Hazard Warning kit from Revington a long time a go but it came with no instructions on querying this I was told their stock had no instructions. so using the workshop manual wiring diagram and your article in TR Action No 132 I am attempting to fit it. My problem is the 6 wires on my unit differ in colour from those in your article, I have a purple wire and a black wire which I know are feed and earth, then I have 2 wires which are green and purple, 1 wire which is green and white and 1 wire which is green. My question being, which wire do I connect to where.

Some 20 years ago I fitted a Lucas after-market kit, as I described in TR Action 132. The Lucas unit is a simple, relay-operated device.

Has anyone a copy of Revington's instructions for the kit?

If so, please could they send me a copy (email address on page 82 of TR Action) so that I may assist Chris.

Ian Cornish

Thanks, Neil.

Although the first diagram doesn't specify wire colours, it should prove helpful, and I have forwarded the link to Chris and to Tony Thomson, who is very useful on electrickery.

Neil Revington, too, is trying to assist.

The second link (to Moss) does specify wire colours and could be the answer to the maiden's prayer!

Two replies in 39 minutes - wow!

Ian Cornish

Edited by ianc

Neil,

I have passed the links to Chris, Tony and Neil R, and have saved copies of the diagrams for myself.

Very helpful, thanks very much.

Ian Cornish