Lowering TR6 drivers seat

I have MX5 seats fitted on adapter brackets in my TR6. Is it possible to fit the seats directly to the floor pan with new reinforced underfloor plates? I have not read of it being done.

I would quite like the seat lowering the 1" or so I would gain. Perhaps then I could see through the windscreen not just gaze at the top of the windscreen frame.

Alan

If you cut the spike thing off the MX5 runners you can then weld a plate to the rear which will match the holes in the TR floor pan. The front can be an inch off the floor to give your legs the correct support and has the benefit that for shorter drivers the seat rises as it moves forward. Don't forget that some of the mounting holes are above the chassis rails so difficult to get to both sides.

Jerry

You must be very tall as I have the normal brackets from the Technicalities CD and Im 6.3" and have no problem like that with my MX seats.

Stuart.

Try TR Traders.

He makes 2 types, one standard and one which is about an inch lower on the floor pan. I have the latter.

Very good.

Steve