Revington Super Pro Bushings - Upper Control Arm

I am trying to install the Revington super pro bushings on the upper control arms of the Doretti, which is identical to my TR2 in that part of the suspension. But I can't for the life of me get the super pro bushes to fit where they belong as they are a very tight fit. Is there any installation tip on this? The lower arms bushes fit fine, but the uppers are not going in.

Cheers

Dan

Lots of lube and threaded bar with the right size sockets to be able to pull them through.

Stuart.

Initially I tried using a steel plate to protect the bushes from the jaws of the vice on one side of the wishbone and a socket on the other, using plenty of lubricant, as Stuart says. No joy, as the bushes squirmed against the steel plate. I then used wood instead of the steel plate, which gave more grip, and they popped in easily.

John

Did this once on a fellow group members car, after having struggled a while,

and nearly got to the point of sawing them in half so they were like the original rubbers,

I used an old piston ring compressor, cut the steel band, wrapped around the bush, and used two or three

hose pipe clips to locate.

Some fairy liquid and it was a doddle, to drive them home in the vice with a suitable socket.

John.