Blinking indicators too fast

Hi All,

I have noticed recently that my indicators on both sides seem to have sped up so that there is hardly any pause between each flash. Although my TR4 has recently passed an MOT and all indicator lights do operate I want to nip this in the bud before something fails.

I wonder about the flasher unit and if it is worth replacing it with a Durite unit or the upgraded version from Revington mentioned on the forum. But maybe indicator units either work or not - and do not start to falter; and so I would waste my money?

Could there be a current draw and or earth problem?

Thank you in anticipation

Mark

If both the front & rear bulbs are flashing ie one has not "poped" then the flasher relay must be to blame.

If it were me, & would buy a modern electronic type which give a much more stable flash rate.

If you were thinking of changing to LED type bulbs at any stage you would need a LED compatible one anyway.

Bob.

Thanks Bob,

I found a spare unit in my box of useful bits and fitted it over the weekend and all is back to 'normal' now. If it goes again then I think I will try the LED compatible type.

Mark

I'm with Bob on this one.

I had the opposite problem on my 4A, just fast enough to pass the MOT and I do mean just, but also total inaudible.

Changed it with an electronic unit from EBay for under a tenner including P&P swaped over in minutes and now not only flashes at a proper speed but I can hear it too!

David