Just saying hello - Newbie TR6 owner in Denmark

Hi

Just saying hello and I hope I am an active member going forward. I have just ordered my TR6 from 71, coming from Canada. Car is a white Californian originally and was wondering if I can ask if its worth getting the chassis number checked and registered? I can see this site offers a certificate of sort

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/archive/heritage-certificates/heritage-certificate

Anyway, greetings from Denmark!

Hi, and welcome, yes this is the site for all your TR needs. Suppose it depends on why you want/need a Heritage certificate. It may be useful to detail the cars original specification and qualify most of its original details. The chassis plate is on the cars body tho so it may have had another chassis, and given its only riveted on its not difficult not to remove and or make another. However if your interested in this detail it's well worth getting one. Good luck with your car and like most on here....ENJOY....

Hi Menno & Robin!

I have only the paperwork as the cars on a ship from Vancouver to Bremerhavn. Chasis is CC56100L, so was curious about its birth history more than anything!

Rich

Rich-There is a large Triumph club in Vancouver, BC called 'BC Triumph Registry". I can't get the link to work, but you might try Googling it. Perhaps your car belonged to someone in the club. Good luck in your search.

I had a Tr3A that was exported to Denmark about 17 years ago and have been unable to locate the owner.

Berry