Identification required

Hi,

I have been told this is a steering column and box from a TR2 ( I am a TR4A Man).

Can anyone identify this as being correct?

Also, is this right hand drive or left hand?

If it is Left Hand Drive does anyone have a right hand drive?

What should I pay for such a thing?

And finally..... is rebuilding them a home job or is there a whizz out there that takes the pain away and does it for reasonable money?

Pictures attached.post-11421-0-66125000-1486112329_thumb.jpgpost-11421-0-55645600-1486112340_thumb.jpg

Many thanks for any help.

Edited by TR4A1965

Hi. Yes this is a TR2 - 3A steering box, it is RHD, but could probably do with a complete re-build !

The usual suspects - Moss, Rimmers etc sell the parts likely to be worn.

Whether its a DIY job depends on you really, It's fairly straight forward - probably most tricky part is removing the steering arm from the shaft, & replacing / reaming the lower bush to fit.

Bob.

Edited by Lebro

Hi. Yes this is a TR2 - 3A steering box, it is RHD, but could probably do with a complete re-build !

The usual suspects - Moss, Rimmers etc sell the parts likely to be worn.

Whether its a DIY job depends on you really, It's fairly straight forward - probably most tricky part is removing the steering arm from the shaft, & replacing / reaming the lower bush to fit.

Bob.

And changing the worm sometimes. They arent worth huge amounts if they need a complete rebuild as so many people have opted for a R&P conversion these days there is a lot more s/hand ones around than there ever were

Stuart.

Paul

Terry Foxon at geeltd.co.uk rebuilds TR and Morgan and similar Bishops Cam steering boxes.

He's at Nailsworth in Gloucestershire

He rebuilt mine and has rebuilt those of other local Register members cars. He knows what he doing and he's reasonably priced.

He will pull the drop arm off with ease!

Suggest you give him a call. - 01453 832113

Regards

Rog

Thanks Rog, Stuart & Bob. That's all great news.

I made an offer of £90 for the one in the picture. Was that too much or too little? Anyone got one?

Best.

Paul.

Thanks Rog, Stuart & Bob. That's all great news.

I made an offer of £90 for the one in the picture. Was that too much or too little? Anyone got one?

Best.

Paul.

Depending on the condition of the internals when you take the lid off then possibly about enough.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart. Best. Paul