Winter projects for the TR6

This winter I am going to start on the long list of things needing attention on the TR6. This includes fixing some issues with the DCOE's and linkage, converting to electric fuel pump and some interior refurb including re-covering the Miata seats. These seats were supposed to be temporary but we cant give them up. They were getting a bit ratty so with some foam repairs and new covers from MrMike's they will be as good as new for next year.

20161220_133513_zpsuqpkvbfx.jpg

Garage at 5 to 7degC at present, so no incentive to venture out there. Otherwise I would be fabricating a new plenum chamber with water injectors and then fitting higher compression head, saloon cam, and other bits and bobs to help with retuning the SU.

Peter

What electric fuel pump are you going for?

I have a couple of pumps, one is a small facet and the other is a bigger cylindrical thing that I bought about 10 years ago. I need to look at placement/mounting options. Bob Danielson mounted his pump in the spare wheel well which keeps it out of the weather but means the fuel has to exit the tank at the bottom, loop back up into the trunk and then on to the front. I dont recall Bob reporting any issues with that so I like it better than having the pump bolted to the chassis.

The mechanical pump has been fine with the DCOE's but since the TR6 is not used daily, the carb bowls get low and it takes a lot of cranking to fill them up again. Plus I miss the assuring whine of the PI pump.

Stan

Garage at 5 to 7degC at present, so no incentive to venture out there. Otherwise I would be fabricating a new plenum chamber with water injectors and then fitting higher compression head, saloon cam, and other bits and bobs to help with retuning the SU.

Peter

Our low for December was 0 F (-18 c). It will start to get really cold in January. Even at those temps the attached garage never gets below freezing and I have an electric wall heater that gets the garage up to a comfortable working temp in around 20 mins.