surrey top removal

I'm taking the surrey top off mine, can anybody let me know how to do this and the best place to start so I don't pull of the wrong bits.

It is a Surrey fitted to a TR6 but don't worry no mud flaps!!

Cheers

Nick

Take the two small insert sections out inside above the "B" post and remove the nuts or bolts there in the front corners of the top. Remove the boot front board and remove the 5 nuts/washers from the studs that go down through the rear deck then just lift straight up.All fixing nuts are 7/16" AF unless its a fibre one in which case they are 10mm.

Stuart.

Hi Nick,

Take the back board off which covers the petrol tank. You will see the studs I/4" and nuts.Unscrew them. Take off the covering plates above the b post,s and you will see fixings there (remove) on the forward fingers there might be fixings behind the trim that goes around the wheel arch.If you are on your own stand inside the car with both doors open and lift off.Be a good idea to place blankets on the rear deck as the studs will scratch it if not careful.

Regards Harry.

cheers all job for the weekend

Next is the body strip for the 74 TR6 and then I might treat myself to a TR4 to go with the TR6 and the vintage Triumph scrambler (plus a few other bikes!!

Also have another itch for a street triple but that probably heresy on here!

Nick,

+1 for the Street Triple! Following my spine surgery, I'm debating whether I'll be able to ride my Daytona 955i and whether I should chop it in for a Speed Triple to go with my Bonnie. Cars or Bikes, Triumph is still a great brand!

Paul

Mrs NSow has a street triple R, goes like the clappers, terrifying to be pillion on - awesome bike.

And transports dogs and children too.

So probably can shift Surrey Tops around...