Wiper Switch (3 pin) - repairable?

Last Sunday when out on our local TR group run out the wipers became intermittent in function, eventually stopping altogether. I suspected the switch at the time, and on checking today found that there was no continuity from the central pin to the top (designated 'fast') pin - the 'slow' pin checked out okay and so have re-wired the fast speed to this terminal.

Is the switch repairable? I have never taken one of these switches apart (as yet!). I obviously don't wish to make it worse! If neither terminal was working I would certainly look into it further!

Cheers

Ian

If its a Lucas one then you maybe able to carefully pry the tumbler face part out without breaking the case but it is difficult to do and then clean up the contacts and re-assemble but they are difficult to get back together right. Used to have to do the same on XJ series 1 and E type series 2 tumbler switches but as they were wider cases it was slightly easier.

Stuart.

Ian

Is this the nos one I sold you some years back?

Ha ha! No it isn't! I've put that in a 'safe place' and it's that safe I can't remember following our move 18 months ago!

Cheers

Ian

Ha ha! No it isn't! I've put that in a 'safe place' and it's that safe I can't remember following our move 18 months ago!

Cheers

Ian

Bugger like rocking horse poo start looking :lol: Guy did do this and worked fine do a search.