Used Wire wheel splined adaptors for Tr3a etc.

A few months ago I replaced my wire wheel adaptors and have the old ones cluttering up the garage. Is anyone interested in having them for the cost of delivery before I take them to the tip? They are worn.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian,

I converted an old adaptor to be used on a modern wheel balancer to sort out wire wheels.

Fill the centre of the adaptor with a Nylon plug.

Drill a hole down the centre (a lathe would be handy here) to take the wheel balancer main shaft.

I then machined a square face on an old spinner.

The whole lot is fitted to the wheel.

This is then fitted to the wheel balancer and the clamp nut sits against the spinner.

It works well.

Roger

I use one for wheel balancing too. I machined a hole in a spinner concentric with the locating taper. The balancing machine taper locknut fits into the hole holding the assembly central. The flat face of the adaptor sits on the flat mounting face on the balancer ensuring that the rim runs true.

Thks Roger and Drewmotty, the only problem is that I don't have a lathe and I'm trying to de-clutter my life, so I won't be going out to get one. Which is why they will be going to the tip unless someone who has got access to a lathe wants the to turn into wire wheel balancing adaptors.

Rgds Ian

Ian, Roger and Andrew.

I didn´t make up a wheel balancing adapter with one of my splined adaptors and spinner, merely used them to mount on a bearing in an angle frame so that my wheels could be cleaned up on the bench, while I sit on my stool saving my back and legs, it also gives access to behind the wheel.

Dave