Replacement bonnet wanted

Hi Guys,

Should have taken heed of dangers of grit blasting panels!

Having had all my wings successfully blasted by my local blasting facility, having removed external paint, I took along my bonnet, again with external paint removed to have the underside lightly blasted to remove surface rusting.

No problem says the blaster. Its come back looking like a herd of elephants have trampled the surface. Seems he thought it would be a good idea to blast the topside as well!

I thought maybe a coat of filler might work, but its too much. Anyway dont like the thought of the finished car sitting in the sun and the bonnet flexing and cracking the filler.

So, need a new bonnet. Can buy a new heritage bonnet, pretty expensive. So has anybody have or know of a good original bonnet that maybe for sale, preferable in southern UK as postage would be expensive and uninsurable by most companies.

Worst case I will wait until hopefully Moss have their usual autumn discount sale and buy a herritage bonnet which will be less work, but painfull!

Regards

Rich

Hi Rich

That's a great shame, especially with the bonnet being about the most expensive panel on the car and an original OEM panel.

But the blaster should be aware of grit blasting large unsupported areas of single skin panel, as it is quite common knowledge in that industry of the problems caused by heat distortion, when blasting panels too quickly and with excessive psi.

Is he experienced in his job, as he must be to some extent accountable for the damage done.

Regards

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits

Hi Rich, I have a good original bonnet here, I am coming over for the beaulieu autojumble in sept. PM me if you are interested

Andy