Bits and bobs......

To the sages on 'ere !!

1. Do you have to fit relays if swapping yor headlamp bulbs over to night breakers on can it be a straight swap , so to speak ?

2.Glove box. I've heard this is s real pain to fit. Any tips ??

I've gone for the cardboard type one.

3.Cannot stand my dash anymore and it's being replaced. My experiment with cheap labour and the dash I got from Conrad failed !!

The wife has agreed to let me buy one.

The cracks in the laquer annoy, but the final straw was when the glove box door decided to leave the dash !!

My gauge bezels are very tatty and need a repaint, so I'll do this at the same time. I've read up on dash removal and gauge refurbishment, but what is the best way to remove the old paint ?

Is a primer required before top coating ?

4. One for the educated people !!

Why , when having spent ages prepping a window sill for painting and finally getting a lovely finish with the gloss paint, does the bloody cat jump up to say hello ??

Ignored me all day, then..........paw prints everywhere !,

Hello Crawfie, regarding the headlamps, I would strongly recommend relays - more powerful lamps means more amps, and that will stress both the light switch, and the dipswitch. I wired mine so that on main-beam, both the main and dip filaments are energized. Regarding the bezels - I can't help, mine are chromed. Glovebox - I hope someone has some words of wisdom, I had a terrible time putting mine back in, and really should have replaced it. I just get so fed up with paying the extortionate shipping costs delivering to France. Dashboard - Mine had missing bits of veneer which I repaired with non-matching stuff just to give a flat surface, and glued on some burr walnut. A bit fiddly, but not too bad. I was worried that so many different variants exist, it might not fit, so I repaired my own. It looks OK. Let us know how you get on. BTW, I would definitely strip, prime and undercoat any metal surface.

Hi Crawfie,

although the NightBreakers are more powerful I believe they are the same Wattage (power) as standard bulbs.

So if the same power then no need for relays.

Having said that if you do decide to go for relays then that may improve the lighting also.

Roger

#4: Cats are evil beings... simple as that. I bet the air was blue?