Cluth / gearbox problem

Hi, in my tr3a build in 1960 without overdrive. I had The follow problem:

When i put 1 gear And i go the car have high vibration. After going the vibration end and no vibration

Changing gear untill i stop The car and go again (like at trafficlights).

I need to solve this problem because my fear si to have some problems at differentials in The future.

Could you Help me to' solve it?

In the gear box i put penrite gb40 yesterday And with this OIL The vibration seem very high than 80/90

I would first check the GB mounting and the propshaft UJs & splines. If the plate is gone the clutch would be slipping.

Edited by Geko
  • 3 months later...

Till yesterday The problem seem disappears, today i take The car And The juddering appear again.

If The problem was OIL leak in The clutch, why for 3 months i haven t problem?

Is possible The cause is other?

Ps The juddering today was very high

Regards

Gabriele

If it's an oil leak from the rear of the engine or the front of the gearbox which is landing on the clutch inside the gearbox "bellhousing" sometimes when the clutch spins it can be burnt off for a short while.

Try putting the car in 3rd gear and giving lots of revs and drive off. It should spin the clutch which will burn off the oil and then the car will drive ok then without juddering. If it does then you still have to replace the clutch because it will be spoiled by the oil on it and you need to fix the oil leak at the rear of the engine or inside the gearbox.

Mick Richards