Hi Harry,

It's a surprise if the TRRI won't cover it at all. When I did the TRR track day recently I got in touch with them and asked how I stood on cover. I was told that I wouldn't be covered once on track with the standard policy, but for an extra £50 it could be arranged. I can't see why it should be any different just because it's SPA.

Darren

I'm pleased to say that following a call to Greg at canopius I understand that there was a misunderstanding what was required by members and activity involved they will now be able to obtain cover for their Spa parade lap should they still require it. Harry and others have been informed.

Derek

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Derek from all of us that went on the track in Spa.Derek's input was outstanding and got us the insurance we needed. No mishaps on the track and enjoyed by all.The whole tour of NLG as usual was fantastic.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

Most policies will provide track day cover - its the excess level that will get you if you get hit by an idiot or someone making a novice mistake - always best to have a camera mounted for track day events in case you need to make a private claim (or threaten to) to get your excess back. Even if they are insured, it is unlikely that their cover will cover your excess.