Headlight Problem

Hi All

I have an issue with my headlights and wondered if anyone could suggest some possible causes.

When I turn headlights on all sidelights and rear lights come on but no headlights. If I switch to main beam they work fine and then dipped lights stay on when I switch back. If I then turn lights on and off they dipped headlights come on.

I'm a bit confused and not quite sure where to start to look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

I get the same when my car hasn't been used for a while. I always put it down to a bit of corrosion or damp in the switch and with regular use the problem seems to go away.

Only once in 7 years have I had the lights go out on me when driving and flicking the switch off and on again got them back on.

Russell

Dave,

If you know that you have a faulty switch or wiring, I would fix it ASAP as TR6 harnesses are prone to burn out as 2 of out members in our group have found out to there cost, with light switches failing! That's one of the reasons why many members put relays in on the light and pump circuits.

Bruce.