Hi All

Can anyone tell me about a zip out window in the hood of a TR3A as to whether they have experience of it.

I am thinking about fitting one, but am concerned about if it should leak in the rain, and does it make the hood billow out at the back through the wind passing though, which could damage or rip the hood. I am considering this because on long runs up to France we put the hood up against the sun (not the rain) and it is noisy as the wind can´t get out at the back.

thanks

Dave

Maybe you need something like this, Dave:

12143249_10208824110390537_1222311792824

...which showed up today on the FB news feed of The Vintage Triumph Register as a "bikini top Tuesday" post.

I did have a 3a hood with a zipout window I sold to one of our members a while ago, when fitted to a 6 they are fine as the zip is well concealed and the window lays down.in the rear no problem when un-zipped.

Stuart.

Maybe you need something like this, Dave:

12143249_10208824110390537_1222311792824

...which showed up today on the FB news feed of The Vintage Triumph Register as a "bikini top Tuesday" post.

Hi Don

Cool Man! not quite what I had in mind. I like that grille looks like a Black or Red Beta type that I would like! - any details?

Dave

Nope, no details about that grille, Dave. Back in the day, there were certainly accessory aftermarket grilles from Amco, MG Mitten, and others. IIRC, Amco made a tubular grille not unlike the TR3 Beta. They show up from time to time on eBay and other sources.

I think there may be an old thread or two on the forum here someplace, possibly with scanned images of the old advertising for those grilles.

Don

I have pictures of Black Beta so I can get the details from there. I thought once before to make one out of S/S but it would have been too heavy so I will try in aluminium and have it anodised.

I just wondered if there was an aftermarket one available to save me the problem. The one in the photo has too many horizontals as B.B. only had 3 horizontals and 4 verticals and of course no parking lights in it as they were in the wings but that one on the picture also has some character.

BTW I like the citrus conversion on the car! :D I think it is an orange on top of the aerial hence the name citrus conversion.

Dave