New Love (and it's not a TR)

I hope I'm not going to be ostracised by the forum for this admission but I have a new love and it's not a TR. :o

This will be my 'classic' transport until my TR4a is ready.

post-12172-0-36314700-1457389455_thumb.jpg

I owned one of these back in the late seventies and have always regretted selling it.

One thing for sure though, I won't complain about the price of TR spares again. Wheel bearings £100 a corner. Ouch.

Barry

I had a Mk1 with the lower outer headlights back in the 70's. Spares were expensive then but at least you could pop into town too the Lancia main dealers to get them. Don't remember it being effected by the rust worm unlike later models. Great little engine, a very narrow V four DOHC. Swapped it for a 1.8 Morris Marina Coupe :o

Alan.

Very nice car Barry. I used to covet the Lancia Fulvia in my youth, back in the 70s, but never got to own one. I did, however, own a Beta HPE in the mid-80s, which was great to drive. It was just a pity that it quickly disintegrated into a pile of rust.

Hope you have lots of fun with your purchase.

Darren

Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments. Good to hear that TR owners have also enjoyed their Alfas and Lancias too.

Kevo, that Beta coupe looks in very good nick. There can't be many of them left as good as that. I always thought they looked very stylish.

Barry

Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments. Good to hear that TR owners have also enjoyed their Alfas and Lancias too.

Kevo, that Beta coupe looks in very good nick. There can't be many of them left as good as that. I always thought they looked very stylish.

Barry

Hi Barry

Thanks, yes it’s in very good nick, 66k miles and 3 owners including me, few marks here and there and in need of a tune. I certainly know what you mean about spares and spares prices but I very much prefer your Fulvia 1600 HF.