STEERING WHEEL TYPE FOR TR4

Hi Folks. Can anyone help me to identify a well-worn sprung spoke steering wheel I purchased at IWE last August. In the plastic-like rim material there is a capital "B" in a circle embossed on the underside of the right hand spoke where it joins the rim. Does this signify it as being of a type which was fitted to a TR4? Is so, what length of horn contact brush will be required? Pic attached.

Best wishes Willie

post-12067-0-79272500-1455960581_thumb.jpg

Probably B for Bluemels, although I've not noticed a makers mark on any of my sidescreen wheels before.

My Bluemels wheel on my Aerominx has the full word "Bluemels" on one of the 4 spacer blocks on the spoke sets.

This picture shows the blocks, but the lighting conditions don't actualy show the label, but it is a blue label with silver writing.

Bob.

Thanks Bob. Nice wheels!! My steering wheel is very worn, though salvageable. I have the Milliputty ready for my wife Celia to get to work on!! I was just hoping for a positive I/d that this is the correct original wheel type for my TR4. I recall Spitfire/Herald spoke type having a greater angle from the centre to the wheel circumference than on a previous TR4A I owned in the early 80's [PPF 479E for anyone out there who might now have it - old resto pics available to the current owner if he/she was interested].

Looks like I will just have to go for it! Best wishes Willie.