10" Brake Drum identification

A couple of odd, as opposed to a pair, of 10" drums that have surfaced . . . . .

I'm not familiar with the detail differences between front and rear Lockheed drums and Girling rears, 10" that is, but I'm sure someone here will know better than me !

Any thoughts please chaps ?

IMG_2786_zpszduzdkmy.jpg

Cheers

Alec

To my mind...

LH one is Girling rear axle TR3/3A - The cut outs in the centre area are for grease emission from overgreased rear hub. The hals n moon slots line up with a drill hole in the hub to the inner bearing area - Stops the hub blowing al its grease into the drum.

RH one is Lockheed front or rear

Peter W

On Lockheed I do not think there is any difference front to rear, on Girling I think the 10" rears can be used front or rear on Lockheed braked cars. - Think Alfins here - There are only two diameter flavours - disregard the orientation of the fins. To fit 9" modern Alfins on a TR with Girling axle I believe you have to open out the stud holes to clear the shoulder of the screwed in wheel studs - I would also add the half moon slots to allow the grease to ooze out.

Peter W