servo testing

good evening

Following my tappets setting, rock cover in place, did the "tasting" MU depression test, ok:-).

What about the servo testing? What should be the result? I know there is a non return valve for in or out Blow?

What in fact is the influence on the engine tunning?

Thank you

Jose

The servo should have no effect on the engine tuning, unless it is leaking air. To test it stop the engine then pump the brakes until the pedal is hard. If you listen carefully you should hear air being expelled from the servo. Keep your foot on the pedal and start the engine. The pedal should move down slightly when the engine starts.

I think Jose asks what is the other way round:

Fitting a hotter cam will decrease manifold depression

and as the servo anyway is not the best at the 290 degree cam the limits

will come closer and 300 degree cams cause a pain to stop the car.

Edited by TriumphV8

Pete, your wright, it's a simple question, blowing in or sucking the return valve doesn't hold, but as it has no effect on engine tunning...asap I'll test the serv, as explained.

At hidle engine is fine but as soon I it the trottle it stumbles!and stops!

The new set of spk after 20' idlling, look oilly as can be seen, quite hommogeneous dirty!post-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpg

What I'm missing?,

Fuel supply pressure, ok

depression, ok

electrics,ok

timming, ok

buterflies, ok

tappets, ok

Desperate looking for guide lines

About to throw the toal:-)post-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpgpost-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpg

Pete, your wright, it's a simple question, blowing in or sucking the return valve doesn't hold, but as it has no effect on engine tunning...asap I'll test the serv, as explained.

At hidle engine is fine but as soon I it the trottle it stumbles!and stops!

The new set of spk after 20' idlling, look oilly as can be seen, quite hommogeneous dirty!post-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpg

What I'm missing?,

Fuel supply pressure, ok

depression, ok

electrics,ok

timming, ok

buterflies, ok

tappets, ok

Desperate looking for guide lines

About to throw the toal:-)post-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpgpost-9419-0-14152800-1445104527_thumb.jpg