TR2 back on road after 32 years

Hi all,

Bought this nice little 2 just over a year ago from a very nice chap called Roger Davies who had it stored in his Yorkshire barn for 32years.

After lots of re-commissioning work and various unexpected jobs she is up and running at last. I put in an effort towards the end of the work as I found out via Bill P. that it left the factory on the 27th September 1955, meaning it was 60yrs old yesterday, which just happened to be the date of our local big car show at Battlesbridge in Essex - so I had to get it there.

I would be very interested to hear from other 2 owners if their car was made on a later date than 27/9/55 as its very near the end of production.

Regards

Bob

post-8405-0-06123300-1443468366_thumb.jpgpost-8405-0-67388800-1443468499_thumb.jpgpost-8405-0-08097200-1443469360_thumb.jpg

Looking good Bob, is that an original "Supplied by" plaque on the glovebox lid?

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for that. The plate is just the trimming company, E.Seeley of Rotherham. Supplied to PO before I bought the car.

I think they are still going, they come up on a Google search.

Bob

Very nice indeed! That was the original colour combination of my 56 TR3. Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike, the car was originally Signal red with grey interior and fawn hood (according to records). The body colour is now Snowberry White.

Bob