Electrics question

Roger - there are too many failures all at once! This is the flasher, voltage stabiliser later! I got the electronic one from Wiring Products. Clearly I can swap supply and earth contacts round to cope with + ve earth. Problem is the connection to the warning light and switch will be heading for +ve Earth as well. JJC

How about this - the connections to the warning light and the switch (then the bulbs) are expecting to see the negative rail, not the positive. With a mechanical unit this wouldn't matter. But with solid state perhaps it does. Maybe I'll just wire it up and see what happens. I always was an experimentalist. JJC

Right, shocker link fixed, non functioning flasher persuaded back into life by the 1960 SU pump approach. When it stops ticking you thump the dashboard or get out and kick it depending on whether you're driving your mother's Morris or your mate's MGA. Given up on electronics. Will keep it for when the flasher on the 6 fails. JJC