Using new website with Safari

Hi,

I can login to the members area on the new site using Safari on I-phone no problem. However, it passes me through to the Forum as a guest. If I try to login there again - it says invalid username or password, (yes I am using my registered email address).

Follow exactly same actions using Google Chrome and it works just fine - in fact I don't have to login to the Forum again - I'm straight in as a member once logged into the main site.

I have cleared my cookies in Safari - but all to no avail. It's not the end of the world - just slightly annoying!

Any ideas?

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The forum and the website are totally different places and totally different "bits of software" .

You will need to login with your original forum logins and they are different to the website. There is no pass through between the two currently.

So the issue has nothing to do with your browser - its just that you have probably chosen to remain logged in on chrome and not safari.

Hi Wayne,

I take on board what you are saying - but it's not quite as simple as that. I have tried both old and new credentials in the Forum and it will not log me in on Safari. I have used it for years and logged in and out without issue until the new website went live. No problem in any other browser using the same credentials. Anyway, as I said - no big deal - I'll use Chrome - just a bit odd.

Regards,

Michael

Are you manually inputting your login details? It may be that it is saving the login details from the website and trying to enter you on the forum with the same - it will see the tr-register main domain and assume its a related site.

Other than that I am not sure what would be causing a barrier to entry.

Hi Wayne,

Yep - manually entering the credentials once on the Forum. I have cleared cookies and stored passwords in case there was something wrong there - but no good. Same credentials in Chrome - straight in!

Don't worry about it. If anyone else has the same issue then the above might help build a picture of what's going on. I'll just use Chrome.

Regards,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wayne,

This resolved itself when I upgraded to IOS9. Can't help thinking it was some sort of cookie\session state problem - but doesn't matter now!

Regards,

Michael.