Lifeline Fire extinguisher pull

Had a problem with the fire extinguisher pull, so contacted demon Tweeks for another

They sent a new one

Problem id the old one has a 1/2 inch collar with a 3/4 inch nut and fits into a 1/2 inch hole in the bodywork

The new one came with a 10mm collar and a silly little nut that meant that it fell thru the hole in the bodywork!

DT said that the photo on their internet site was for guidance only (it showed the old type)

I contacted lifeline technical dept who said that new ones are all 10 mm but would look to see if they had any old ones left

So anyone with an old type lifeline fire extinguisher cable make sure that it still runs and does not rust up as mine did

Comes of only racing very occasionally I suppose - must do it more often

Regards to all

Michaelpost-9449-0-68916800-1434454916_thumb.jpg

Michael

I,m sure you'll sort out a fixing with an oversize washer or plate.

To avoid it seizing in future fix the end nipple at the extinguisher end approx. 50-75mm away from the extinguisher pull lever. Every now and then pull the cable through backwards and forwards a few times without any fear of activating the extinguisher itself. One of the MSA scrutineers at Oulton Park advised me to do that many years ago. It's worked for me. A bit of WD40 squirted down the cable occasionally also does no harm.

Dave McD

Yea I know that but well it got missed!

I use the other emergency pull frequently to stop the engine without going back into the car when fiddling, but the extinguisher got missed

A friend has given me a cap to go on the bottom of the pull T piece to be filled with oil /grease so as to keep the top sealed to stop water getting in - but you can be sure that it will get regular oil/wd40/and exercise

Thanks for the tip

Michael

PS contact with lifeline - they have found me an old size pull with the large nut- it is in the post........ I hope