I have previously used Payen gasket sets to rebuild six cylinder engines and they come supplied with two pieces of wood suitable for bashing in to the the ends of the alloy block over No1 main bearing.

I have just opened a new Payen set and it is supplied with two pieces of rubber which are useless for bashing with a mallet.

Can somebody who is going to the engine seminar tomorrow ask what to do with the two bits of rubber. Please!

Cheers

Graeme

I have previously used Payen gasket sets to rebuild six cylinder engines and they come supplied with two pieces of wood suitable for bashing in to the the ends of the alloy block over No1 main bearing.

I have just opened a new Payen set and it is supplied with two pieces of rubber which are useless for bashing with a mallet.

Can somebody who is going to the engine seminar tomorrow ask what to do with the two bits of rubber. Please!

Cheers

Graeme

I haven't seen any report yet from that seminar yet Graeme, I assume someone went !

Regarding the rubber bits, I had the same question when I rebuilt my TR6 engine and in the end abandoned the rubber pieces supplied with the gasket set in favor of some original wooden seals in the bottom of my gasket box. My attempts to sandwich the rubber between the bridge and the block failed, there must be a trick but it evaded me. Of all the leaks in my TR6 engine, gearbox and OD, this isnt one of them.

Stan

I was at the engine seminar and really enjoyed it. Very knowledgeable presenters with entertaining presentations as well as excellent food at lunch time. The only comment on the wedges was, make your own from pine or beech.

Bruce