Brake pad life expectancy on track days

Having given the V8 TR250 a good thrashing round Castle Combe last week (about 85-90 miles on the circuit), my brake fluid decided to leave via knackered caliper seals this week. Should have done this side last year when the other side leaked, but never got round to it.

What did surprise me was how little was left of the Yellowstuff pads, about 75% worn and they were new a few days before the track day.

The yellowstuff pads were very cheap compared to some of those mentioned when I enquired about suitable pads a few weeks before the track day, and maybe that is why they wear so quickly. I just wondered what sort of life other people who did the track day were getting, bearing in mind I have about 220bhp and the car isn't lightened.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil,

The dolly sprint we had there showed little wear in the 1166 pads after a full day at Combe

Tom

Mintex 1166 is an all-out, racing brake material, very hard and resistant to high temperature.

But it may not suit a car used on the road, as it needs to be HOT before they grip.

1144 is ordinary road material, 1155 is fast-road, higher temperature. I use them for racing; they never fail me and grip well on the road too. a nice compromise.

JOhn

What am i getting ?

Is it nearly finished ??

Mintex and no!

:)