Bulb fitting into Smiths gauges

Hi all. Having trouble fitting bulb holders in back of Smiths gauges on my TR6. I have fitted a new loom It has the bulb holder with claws as the original loom did. It has been some time since the car was stripped down and i cannot remember how these connect to the clock, as the claws are loose on the bulb tube. Am i missing something the holds them in place, the claws are not holding if i try to crimp them on. Any advice appreciated

Dean

I recently saw a loom like this supposed to be fitted on a TR4A. the bulb holders were in plastic and no way to fit them to the instruments.

Sometimes you will have to retain some old/original items to modify the new ones in order to fit.

I hope you still have the old holders available ;)

The claws push into the rear of the clock so fit the other end to the bulb holder on the loom then push them into clock back.

I did think that maybe the way it worked but the claws seem a lot wider than the hole in gauge.

I am trying to get the bulbs in the Oil, Temp Fuel gauges, will give it another try thanks

The holders for the small gauges do not have claws, they are just a sliding fit in the gauge.

Cheers

Graeme

The claws are to provide a sort of spring clip arrangement and they fit inside the hole in the gauge by springing inwards as you push them in and then when it is home they spring back to hold the holder in place., they can be a tight fit and need to be pushed in square.

Stuart.