Just a thought

I have been replacing the Chassis with a new CTM one along with one of there alloy tanks, I have sourced rubber fuel lines to suit modern petrol, just a thought with the cork gasket for the sender could the cause the fuel smell in the boot or would a Viton one reduce the chance, has anyone else had such problems?

Keith

Hi Keith

I did, and I got some Viton rubber ones made up. Oh it was a long time ago, but wasn't expensive. I can't remember who or where I got them from. I also made sure that I had have very good threads in the tank - and used Wellseal. All good after that. I might have some spare. I'll have to rummage in the garage.

Best Bill

Bill

Thanks for your comments, I have had the 6 for 32 years and always had faint smells but more recently they have got stronger, the pump is under the boot floor so not a lot of pipe work showing, I will ask around for an off cut and make one out of Viton.

Cheers Keith