Hood fitters Midlands

Hi Rob,

If your looking for a good quality Hood Maker/Fitter, have you considered Don Trimming in Erdington. Birmingham. They have just made and fitted a superb Hood in their Deluxe Mohair Canvas (DMC ) for my Sprite. They claim the material is the finest on the market and after seeing the finished article i'm very impressed indeed.

I dropped the car off to them in the morning and hopped on a bus into the city for a look around and some lunch and they phoned my mobile in the afternoon to say the hood had been made and fitted. Great service and great quality.No connection, just a happy customer.

Noel

Rob,

Try Coventry Hood & Tonneau, in Telford - they supplied the original hoods and weather kit to ST and recently supplied and fitted a hood, tonneau and hood bag for my 3A, ask for Dave Lowe: 01952 501177

Coventry Hood & Tonneau
Heath Hill Industrial Estate
Dawley
Telford

TF4 2RH

Cheers

Andrew

I used Aldridge trimming on another car. They made a really nice job of a bespoke hood for a cobra replica 8 or nine years ago. Their Customer service was an interesting experience. They also did a nice job on another car. If you use them, make sure all costs are fully agreed, preferably written down to keep everyone straight, and you make sure they know the timeframes to work to.

Colin

I used Aldidge for all my TVR bespoke stuff along with recent work on my TR including hood,door trim, wool carpet and boot trim. An old fashioned company which I like a lot. They always have some very exotic,expensive cars in their workshop. I have no reason to go anywhere else.