Steel Wheel check and straightening

Bill.

I don't know how many wheels you are looking for, but I could do with a couple of 4.5" ones to replace my 4" spare, & give me another spare for contingency so could split the lot if you were interested.

Bob.

Hi Bob

I believe I only need 2, so that could work. But I'm off to see Autoworks in the morning to see if they can straighten my wheels. They should be able to tell while I wait, so I'll know for sure later tomorrow and let you know.

Thank you

Best regards

Bill

Update

"Autoworks" can straighten. So delivered the wheels today. 2 wheels to be straightened, then all 5 shot to be blasted / powder coated. Then fit 5 new tyres that I have already and balance all. Total cost £525 . Not bad.. They should be done on/by Wed 25/2. I'll post some pictures, if I have enough room on here to post.

I will also be fitting the original wheel caps, and although they are straight without any dents, they still need refurbishing. Getting the original nuts off is tricky, as the bottoms are simply peened over. I've already done a few, by gently breaking them off. As a replacement,I've gone to Apex Fasteners, "Slough" and ordered some s/s dome nuts, with s/s dome screw heads. So these should provide the finishing touch when complete.

We'll see how it turns out.

Best Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Well I have had the wheels straightened, well not all. One of them is beyond repair. It's just buckled too much. I thought you might like to see our wheels and the machine that was used. Here is the link - hope it works.

http://imgur.com/k971vIt,udUYNo8,ehBb8Ff,vcUFdHF,XZWQ5vs,eRtVhei,FdMpcTG,8ucNHwh,Qc1nbXT,TNzV9bb,CdjacDa,YhaLxAQ,fwrUlvi,QO8bI7q,hRersDK,bw4ixDU

Best Bill