Bumperette Bracket Bending

Test fitting the rear bumperettes and the top of the RHS sticks out from the rear end by half an inch more than the LHS. Dont see any differences with the bottom of the bracket or the distance tube so I'm assuming I can fix this by bending the RHS bracket to move the top in half an inch. Questions is do I need to heat that bracket before I try and bend it or will it move just by sticking it in a vice and hitting it ?

bumperettes_zpsa7a217fe.jpg

On olde smokey, i tighten or loosen a nut (or bolt?) on the rear side of the bracket which moves it and the bumper towards or away from the car, thus allowing the distance from the bodywork to be equalised. However, no amount of fiddling seems to correct their symmetrical list to the right - makes the whole bloody car look wonky :wacko:

On olde smokey, i tighten or loosen a nut (or bolt?) on the rear side of the bracket which moves it and the bumper towards or away from the car, thus allowing the distance from the bodywork to be equalised. However, no amount of fiddling seems to correct their symmetrical list to the right - makes the whole bloody car look wonky :wacko:

Can you see more of one rear wheel in the arch than the other when viewed from behind. A lot of sidescreen cars have their bodies mounted very slightly to one side which would possibly give you the problem you have.

Stuart.

My bumpers would not sit vertically. I fitted a longer bolt and a spacer to the lower RHS fitting and they now match and are correct.

I think that these brackets get bent by people like me reversing into the garage wall when putting the car away.

The bolt and spacer are not easy to spot and it works well.

Good luck Richard & H.