Hazzard warning lights

Just fitted the Moss hazzard light warning kit and have problems. It doesn't come with instructions so downloaded them. Power source and earth ok. Had green/white plus green which I connected to the indicator circuits green/white and green/red as instructed. I apparently should have then had two green/black but actually had a green/yellow and a green/purple so pulled off the green cables from terminal B on the cars flasher unit and connected one cable to the green cable and the other to terminal B, as instructed.

I then reconnected the battery and the hazzard warning lights worked, although the bulb in the switch has a poor connection, which seemed to blow the fuse in the kit each time it stopped working.

Unfortunately though when I turn the hazzard lights off, the indicators won't work normally. When I remove the green/yellow and green/purple cables and reconnect the original green cables to terminal B, the hazzard lights work and the indicators work. However I realise not to use them together and I don't get the green light on the dash flashing too when the hazzard lights are on, but who cares!

The fuse on the hazzard lights keeps blowing, but only when the bulb goes out on the switch I think, and when I tried it this morning again, I think I might have blown the hazzard flasher unit too, so my questions are:

1. Why won't the kit work properly with all the wires connected?

2. Is it safe to use without the connections to the existing flasher unit?

3. Why does the fuse keep blowing and what rating should I use?

Thanks

Pete

I assume that the kit has a seperate flasher unit? so the green light on the dash won't flash when using hazard flashers. Sounds like a 'return to sender' .

I fitted one of these, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hazard-warning-system-for-bike-trike-kit-car-MOT-/320471165943?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4a9d91ebf7

works very well, although I did need a slightly higher rate fuse fitted as it would fail if left running after a while, as the TR's have rather a lot of bulbs running at the same time in 'hazard mode'

john

As far as I know Continental cars had hazard light switch from factory. Mine has them, a wide switch fitted between the green and red warning lights.

The button is interrupting the the indicator circuit to an is switching to a 2nd circuit, purple wire, overriding the ignition switch. This allows them to operate with ignition off.

Sorted!

Took everything out tonight and checked function of the switch. Problem was it wasn't turning on and off properly hence not making circuit to indicators when off and a short causing fuse to blow when on. A bit of tweaking and now all ok.

Also took the opportunity to change both flasher units for 2 pin electronic ones purchased from BB Classics in Hemel Hempstead for £10 the pair. Much better operation and actually work properly with engine off too!

Looking forward to Angouleme now in a few weeks!

Pete

I will be at Angouleme in my 6 also with a few pals one of whom will also be in a 6.

I have a house very close so usually don't miss the weekend. Are you doing the tourist run on Saturday ?

Five cars from the North london Group will be staying in a hotel in Roulet, about 20 minutes away, and will drive in each day. We won't do the tourist run on Saturday, but plan to perhaps find a bar en-route and watch evrything drive past.

Some of us went last year and really enjoyed it, so hope it as good this year!

Look out for us, I will be in a damson 6 with a hard top and folding sun roof. The rest are in 5s plus a Morgan V8.

Pete