Overdrive and diff oil leaks

These oil leaks are starting to bug me. Question 1) can the oil seal at rear of overdrive unit (J type) be replaced once prop shaft and flange is removed without removing gearbox/overdrive assy and 2) can the half shaft oil seal in the diff be replaced once half shaft and flange is removed without removing diff.

All comments /advice appreciated. Thanks

Hi Tony,

the output drive shafts (half shaft) on the diff can easily be removed.

You will need a 'tool' to push the shaft out of the body once in your hand.

If you have the 'tool' then it really is easy.

As for the GB - haven't a clue.

Roger

I have three strategically placed drip trays in my garage...all part of the charm of owning an old car! ;)

Edited by Denis

Thanks to all for your valuable input. Denis - try a long grow bag tray. They can catch the drips from the diff and the gearbox. Add a smaller one and you catch the engine as well. At least it's not as bad as the bikes I had in the late 60's. They used to leak whilst you were riding them. Oil up your shins! So why is this bugging me so much now? This old age has got now't going for it has it?.

TonyC