Don - I'm almost ready to give up - who designed these stupid things!

I can now get as far as left clicking on the album code and it says copied. I'm then going to the TRF and opening a "reply", then clicking on the photo download button you have described. This opens a box into which I then paste the "copied" URL - then press OK and a tiny little icon appears in the top left hand corner of the reply box which looks like a page/photo of a green hill with the corner turned down, and thats all.

If I left click on this icon, it turns blue but nothing else happens. If I double click on it, it takes me back to the box I copied the URL into, and the URL is there, but nothing else happens . HEEEELP ?!!!!

cheers

Rich

Try a different URL -- Photobucket offers more than one kind. Maybe as a experiment, try the URL at the bottom of my post #25 (the full one, not the abbreviated link displayed) and see if you get the same screenshot image as in my post.

There's something simple we gotta find -- you're very close.

Just left click on the IMG code - that's the bottom of the 4 little boxes under each photo on the album page.

It turns blue.

Press Ctrl and C keys together on your keyboard - that has now copied the IMG link.

Go to your post that you're writing, and where you want the image press Enter on the keyboard to get a new line, then press Ctrl and V together.

By together, I mean simultaneously.

You now have a long line of gobbledegook. Once you Post your wafflings, this miraculously turns into a photo.

Cheers

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

Don - I 've tried all 4 URLs on the photobucket site and they all do the same and produce the same tiny folded page icon.

When I left click the URL and it says copied, I then go to my TRRF reply box and click on the download icon as you advise - this then brings up the box ( is this what you call the dialogue box?) which is empty, so I right click then paste and the url comes up in the box, and then I click on OK, and we are back to the tiny page icon.

I've seen this icon lots of times in other threads and I've never been able to make then do anything so is it something to do with my settings generally?

I've just about had enough! Email is sooo much easier than this!!!

cheers

Rich

Rich, there have been some folks on here who have observed the forum software seems to be not-perfectly-compatible with latest versions of Internet Explorer. Maybe IE version 10 and onward? I forget exactly what the issue was and can't help there -- I use Google Chrome on my PCs and it works perfectly. What browser and version of it are you using?

If you use the brute force approach Alec recommends (Mr Pringle does like brute force approaches... another subject though <smile>) and that doesn't work, then it probably IS some setting in your browser. Best to ask for help from the webmasters in the help subforum -- or try Firefox, Chrome, or some other browser.

Now now Don, there are times when 'brute force' gets the desired result. :D

The problem with inserting photos was with IE11, dropping back to IE 10 solved that one.

This board suffers from a degree of rolling obsolescence, as in it doesn't keep up with technology, which kind of suits those of us still running systems that Microsoft would rather not support any more . . . . . ;)

Cheers

Alec

Now now Don, there are times when 'brute force' gets the desired result. :D

Indeed -- gets results more often than not, Alec -- you've shown that convincingly!

Hi All - hopefully there are some photos here for you all to see some more detail - I still haven't sorted all my uploading issues out but I won't bore you with the detail.

The first photo is the only markings I can find on the seat and as you can see it is a pencil scrawl on the hardboard backing under the rear back squab.

Other observations are that the main seat frame incorporates what I suppose is a subframe of sorts, but the front mountings have clearly been cut off an existing seat frame ( they look to me like my TR4 mountings) and welded onto the frame - the cross tube at the back has also been welded on.

Lots of new clues so hopefully someone may now recognise it

cheers

Rich

Here are your Photobucket links, Rich.

IMG_7077_zpse95b66d1.jpg

IMG_7080_zpse6e9ce3d.jpg

IMG_7079_zpsf3d19a6e.jpg

IMG_7081A_zpsdd2d2ab8.jpg

IMG_7083_zpsbd4de35d.jpg

IMG_7084_zps5afd397d.jpg

IMG_7073_zps9e9d60e8.jpg

IMG_7074_zpsbf9b0d0b.jpg