lovely new injectors

Just replaced all my injectors after one failed on the way back from Spa last year. Bought from Neil Ferguson. Took an hour or so to bleed them properly. But wow. The car now seems really punchy and seemed to have more go. Probably a case of "newpartitus" but made me smile big time.

Cheers Tim

Hi Tim I am fitting new injectors this weekend, I have read loads of stuff on here about bleeding but have you got any tips?

Darren

Disconnect coil power, white wire from coil and turn ignition on for 30 mins, then reconnect and try. there are loads of different techniques that people use and they are on this forum.

I found a similar improvement fitting new injectors to my 6 a few years ago. If bleeding is a problem (and sometimes it is), try the following:

- Plugs out.

- Disconnect power from coil.

- Choke full out (this maximises the fuel delivery from the metering unit).

- Remove injectors from manifold and hold up high, so fuel lines are near vertical, with tips pointing into a suitable container.

- Ask an assistant to spin the engine over on the starter until fuel sprays from injectors.

Good luck,

Nigel

My method was the try and start the engine. Which it did after about about 20 seconds, ok on less than 6 cylinders. Then feel the fuel lines and find the ones that are not pulsing. Pull out one of the non pulsing injectors and then you have 3 choices.

1 place in a jar and pull the tip of the injector so it opens until the fuel flows consistently. Let go of the tip if the injector and hopefully you will be rewarded by a lovely cone of fuel. If not repeat.

2 crack the union between the fuel pipe and the injector and bleed from there.

3 hold the injector upsidedown and bleed as in 1 (this method is more dangerous as it is hard to contain the petrol so any spark and WOOF.

You may need to do this a few times as bubbles can take a while to get through the system.

Leaving the pump on for 30 mins is ok if you have mucked about with the supply before the mu but is unlikely to help after the mu.

Cheers

Tim

My method was the try and start the engine. Which it did after about about 20 seconds, ok on less than 6 cylinders. Then feel the fuel lines and find the ones that are not pulsing. Pull out one of the non pulsing injectors and then you have 3 choices.

1 place in a jar and pull the tip of the injector so it opens until the fuel flows consistently. Let go of the tip if the injector and hopefully you will be rewarded by a lovely cone of fuel. If not repeat.

2 crack the union between the fuel pipe and the injector and bleed from there.

3 hold the injector upsidedown and bleed as in 1 (this method is more dangerous as it is hard to contain the petrol so any spark and WOOF.

You may need to do this a few times as bubbles can take a while to get through the system.

Leaving the pump on for 30 mins is ok if you have mucked about with the supply before the mu but is unlikely to help after the mu.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim I used the jam jar method, had to do it a number of times with 1 and 3 for some reason, but all sweet now.

Thanks everyone

Darren

Cool. Glad it worked

Tim