Afternoon !!

What's the correct idle speed for my TR6 .(1971 US Import running with twin HS6 carbs-which look new).

At present it's running at @1100 rpm which seems a little high.

4th month of ownership and loving every minute. The wife is quite surprised that I now like to go to the shops (in the TR) instead of making excuses not to go !!

Jobs completed so far..........

Emergency bonnet release fitted.

Dimmer switch bypass fitted - gauge lights now work.

Replaced passenger sun visor, which now stays up, but makes the driver one a bit tatty looking. That will need to be changed at some time.

Kidney pads in.

Removed soft top to repair split panel. Currently in the sail shop (excellent tip- thanks). Having both side panels replaced, and sown in as to being welded in place. Pick up Wednesday.

Joined TR Register

On the cosmetic front, the windscreen vents need to be cleaned and repainted. Do they pop out or are they bolted from below ??

If bolted can you get to the nuts/bolts by removing the glove box and speedo/rev counter ??

Thanks to all for the advice and guidance. Spot on !!

Steve

Hi Steve

when Ignition Timing, Valve Clearance and the SU's are properly adjusted, the Engine runs smoth as a Cat with 750 RPM when warmed up.If you need anything Datawise or whatever for you Car, help is not around the Corner, but at easy reach. I enjoy my White Lady (self Import via UK to Switzerland) since 1996 and still enjoy every Minute.

re-hiker

I've owned mine now for over 40 years and it still gives me abuzz when I take it out for the occassional outting...although the constant messing about over the years with the Pi system, makes me wish it just had dependable and reliable Carbs now that I'm older, I just want to use it!

Although the idle screw on the Pi is easy compared to twin Carbs.

Edited by Denis