Hello, I have fitted an alternator to my 4A and there three connectors on the back, 1 x 6.3mm Flag terminal to the ignition light and 2 x 9mm Flag terminals to the battery, are they common and if not what do they do as both end up connected to the battery side of the solenoid, as always, Thanks for your help, Andrew

In case you are uncertain about re-wiring the car, below is some info I posted in February about the same topic.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Car needs to be -VE earth, if it isn't, simply swap the battery contacts, reverse the ammeter contacts, & reverse the coil connections. Assuming you don't have a car radio fitted, or LED lights etc. in which case they will need to be modified.

The wiring is not that complicated. Refering to the regulator internal connections:
Disconnect all internal coils , & contacts. Join A to A1, & to F. Isolate D E can be left - but won't do anything.

Refering to external connections:
Disconnect the brown / yellow wire from the dynamo
Disconnect the brown / green wire from the dynamo
From the Alternator:
Connect one of the main heavy contacts (usualy 2 of them) to F (use existing brown / yellow wire)
Add a 2nd Brown / yellow wire to increase current carrying capacity from 2nd heavy contact to A or A1
Connect the smaller contact (field) to D (use existing brown / green wire)
where it will be joined to the Brown / yellow wire going to the IGN warning lamp
That's it.
If you choose to dump the regulator, then all the same connections should be made in the loom - I use the coloured crimp connectors to join wires.

Bob.