ceiling liner and carpet glue

Hi all,

Is it possible to remove and replace the ceiling lining (so I can install insulation) without damaging it or would I be better off taking it to a motor trimmer?

Next, having installed insulation in the rest of the cabin, I want to return the carpet pieces that run along under the doors. Any advice on the best adhesive to use? Must be available in Aust. The carpet is being fixed to closed-cell foam.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Hi Michael,

As far as I can remember the headlining is tucked in to the window apertures as well as being strung up on the metal rails - making this job something of a pig to carry out.

As for sticking down the carpets I tend to use a spray upholstery glue which is available for about £5.00 from my local motor factors.

Cheers

Ian

There are rods that run across the inside of the roof, held in place by plastic clips on each side. The roof trim has pockets that the rails run through to hold it all nicely in place & stop it sagging. The loose edge all round is then glued and tucked in or hidden by other trim.