THROTTLE RETURN SPRING

I know this stupid but where does the end of the throttle return spring from the throttle lever anchor to. The throttle lever was in a box when I got the car, is there a tab under the rear carb lower mounting bolt? It is the only place I can see but I feel sure it's wrong.  Thanks in advance Nigel - (TS952 body & chassis now reunited)

ps I am not going to get involved with the BRILLIANT 'originiality' discussion as my thoughts have been expressed. Suffice to say TS952 will look smart but underneath is tetrosyl + stone chip to keep the cow s**t away from the metal, we are in dairy country, plus a few other odds and ends. The car, like all the 'classics' I have had are for using not  showing. If it rains it gets wet, if there's mud on the road it gets muddy. If I want a pint I will park it in a pub car park etc. Enough said

Guest Lou Metelko

Nigel:

The throttle return spring is anchored on a small tab just under your steering column.  Tab is about a 1/4 inch square so hard to find.  It is probably pushed flat against the scuttle but it's there.  I had the same problem finding the tab on TS981

Lou Metelko

Auburn, Indiana

USA

Hi Nigel

I attach the return spring to a simple bracket held by a hose clip to the steering column. I can adjust the spring tension by moving the clip along the column.

I have used my 2 right through the winter. Rain, snow, everything. It has been cold and wet to drive but great fun. Yesterday and today I saw many "classics" leaving Weston Park, having just come out of hibernation, while mine gently disolves with rust, but it's more fun to use it than polish it.

Les

Thanks all, I now know what the blob of weld was, obviousley belonging to the long vanished tab for the throttle spring. I have gone off too quick as the column idea seems great. I made up a small bracket and bolted it where the original tab was. The usual contortionist job - if only I had waited - but it works fine. Nigel (one front wing almost on, just needs fettling, 3 more wings, 2 doors, nose, bonnet & bootlid to go. TS952 is booked in to the painters on the 25th. April. Might have been a bit optomistic).

Hi Alan,

I can't this year due to other commitments. If the classic is on next year keep in touch. There is still a fair way to go with TS952 but the evenings are getting lighter. The problem is that age is creeping up on me. Years ago I would work in the evenings in a damp cold garage till some unearthly hour but those days are gone, this isn't a sob story it seems it is just a fact of life!!!!   Keep in touch,  Nigel

Nigel,

My dynamo is buggered at the moment, so I'm restricted to daytime runs between battery re-charges. When it's fixed I'd like to take a run up to North Devon. Perhaps I could call on you while I'm up there?

BTW my seats have been re-uphostered with foam and though they are firm, I find them very comfortable. I'm not in the "first flush of youth" either.

Regards,

Alan