Telescopic conversion..again

I´ve read a few posts on the different types of conversions and I see that Type 3 seems to be the desired conversion.

My car was equipped with this KYB kit, is this a Type2A conversion?

11693576993_11fa0ef60a_c.jpg

Also, how can I identify the springs installed and should I leave it as it is if I have standard springs ?

I really don´t want to crack my TA´s.

/ Vegard

Vegard, to address the TA issue you must ensure that the shock absorber and spring will compress enough to allow the TA to bottom out on the bump stops. The problem occurs when the shock bottoms out, if cannot compress any more before the TA bump stops meet Shen the TA is up ad far as it will go. You should be able to check wit a tape measure. Sorry cart answer query.re the model kit you have but the key I believe is that the mounting brackets mount to the chassis not body, in thus regard yours looks June to me.

Sorry, yep should have said FINE

In addition you can add a strut from the top to the rear chassis bracket, wing/rear bumper . This will give you a triangular construction. It prevents the shock tower to flex forwards and rearwards.

It's this specific movement that fractures the chassis at the hight of the original bracket

I dont agree with the design in the photo. I have a similar design in ali fitted and the top of the bracket can flex forwards and backwards weakening the crossbridge. The cure was to bolt the top of the bracket through to the inner wing. Not ideal.

Edit: Jean beat me to it!

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Yes Peter it;s another way to cure the problem. Myself I went for the more radical 3 bracket solution. It firmly bolts all together.... chassis and body.

I personnaly don't worry about drilling holes into the body,

Probably I will be the last owner, now for more than 40 years, and after me it will be my son, if one day he stops flying around the world for buisiness..... if not... the crusher :D:D