Tubeless wire wheels

Has anyone used or seen these? Dayton make them but I can't see anything on their website to indicate if they look any different to the regular wheel.

I guess tubeless is best..... If air can't get out, water can't get in.

Any thoughts?

Steve

If you can afford the Daytons, go for them as they are far better IMHO than the MWS. I hope their after sales service is better than MWS as well. I have the tubeless MWS variety but fitted with Michelin XAS and Michelin tubes. Spokes can and do break and I suggest that rather than relying on some squishy type gunge covering the spoke heads have the inner tube.

Debate has been done before on here.

Thanks for your reply.

Dayton claim that they are maintenance free and spokes will never need replacement or even truing-up.

I have "searched" the forum and it can't find a previous thread??

Steve

I've had MWS tubeless wire wheels and tubeless Michelins on my car for over four years now with no problems whatsoever.

In fact I thought all off-the-shelf wire wheels nowadays were for tubeless fitment.

Regards

Peter

Watch out for MWS. The production id a bit "oriental' and offsets are not always the same.

I've had a pair for 15 years at the rear (5.5x15x80) and the original 4.5 Rudge (50 years today) in the front. No problemo except that wandering offset. My 4 wheels have tubes. Never think about them. A change from the rest of the car.

Badfrog

I have had a set of 6x15 tubeless for about 10 years. 2 of the first 4 had to go back as the spokes were not sealed properly, but no problems after that. I was fed up with an average of 5 punctures per year on tubed tyres when I was doing 12,000 miles per year, usually the tubes chafing through on the rough inner casing of the tyres.

Switching to the tubeless has seen me wear out two sets of tyres without a single puncture. I decided on painted wires as I believe the process of chroming the spokes makes them brittle and more likely to snap.

I switched to Minilite replicas a couple of years ago, but to be honest don't like the look of them and will be repainting the wires this Winter ready for a new set of tyres in the Spring.

Neil