PA180085_zps13c18406.jpg[/url]PA180081_zpsa14894d4.jpg[/url]PA180086_zpsd23ca45b.jpg[/url]

Hi

The weather has finally been kind and a chance to get out for a drive. Stopped off at a couple of local beaches ( about 25kms from home) to take some photos. Also a time to see what was going to rattle loose. Still a few things to fix/ obtain - control head for the indicators and a front bumper.

Also a time to re-train on driving a car without the mod cons.

Thanks to all members of the forum. The site is invaluable for the knowledge I have gained on my journey over the past 5 years.

Regards Brian

Edited by brian-nz

Lovely car, looks like heaven there, lazy summer days, long white clouds Great!!

The control head for the indicators is a real nightmare. I have had to strip my unit down twice and the new horn button was too big and stuck on, burning out my horn. If you buy a new unit use the old horn button even if it is not so bright and shiny.

Also if you fit a new loom down the stator tube use a lot of wire friendly grease as they rust up and will not pull out later when you have a problem.

Good luck

Also if you fit a new loom down the stator tube use a lot of wire friendly grease as they rust up and will not pull out later when you have a problem.

May I suggest removing the braided 'sock' that's around the wires and replace it for modern-day heat shrink harnass around the wires?

Menno

Nice job Brian it's looking really good , Agree with Menno when you put the horn push back in cover the wires with heat shrink strips, make sure you align them nicely before applying the heat and they will thread thru the stator tube easily.

Cheers jim