It's showing I am not a member , but I have now joined. I have just bought my TR6 back having sold it in 1993. The owner has fitted mx5 seats with speakers in the head area along with 2 chrome roll bars built to speck by TRGB for £499. The seats and all the black trim including the dash top and doors have been retrimed in light grey leather. The dash and door tops are burr walnut to match the steering wheel. I am looking to convert all this back to original black trim.

There seems to be a divide between keeping things original and upgrading as appropriate. It would be a shame to split the trim and seats up, so wondering the best way to move forward. The leather was installed by an upholsterer who works for Sunseeker in Poole. It is all to a very high standard. Cheers Peter.

Peter

Congrats on getting your car back after 20 years. I pick my TR6 that I sold in '93 up this Sunday so I know how good that feels.

In relation to original vs upgrade I think it depends on what your pans are for the car. Is it for regular use or more a weekend show and shine car? I think the decisions will make themselves if you are clear on your direction

Having said that I expect the decision to keep the grey leather or go to blackntim depends on the colour of the car and how it looks as a complete package

Good luck

Graze

The paint colour is Royal Blue. The contrast looks surperb, but I want to get it back to how l restored it. I guess I am looking to se if someone is looking for a complete Mx5 seat, roll bars and trim conversion ! Many thanks and congratulations to you on your repurchase , Peter

Peter you have a pm.

Hi Robin. Pm? Cheers Peter

Thats Personal message, top right of the main page just under your name is an envelope and there will be a red number under it. click on that to read them.

Stuart.