TR6 Hard-Top Trim 716607 & 716608

Good afternoon everyone,

I am trying to locate a paired set of chrome trim pieces to fit my TR6 factory Hard-Top. They are the pair that sit at the lower rear section on each side and are retained by a pin cast into the Mazak which fixes into a retained spire nut to hold it in place:

• Part No: 716607 (Left Hand)
  • Part No: 716608 (Right Hand)

My Hard-Top has two original trims but predictably the locating pins are missing and the Mazak castings are badly pitted. Interestingly Rimmer Brothers and Moss have stock of 716608 (Right Hand) but none of 716607 (left Hand). Rimmers indicate on their website that stock is expected by the end of October 2013 but in reality this is extremely unlikely. I have also contacted the Roadster Factory in the USA who has shared a similar story. In fact they are having parts re-manufactured for delivery sometime in 2014 which is a while away.

I have three questions for the forum:

• Do any members by chance have a good used pair that they would be willing to sell me? I’m very happy to pay a fair price to enable me to fit the Hard-Top.
  • Are any members able to recommend a company with experience of restoring chrome Mazak castings such as these (I may have to get my originals restored)
  • Do any members have experience of fitting the trims where the locating pins are missing? I understand this is a common problem due to age and the fact the castings are also very brittle.

Thanks for reading the post and hopefully someone can help me out with my latest TR6 challenge!!

Best Regards, Peter

I got a set for my hardtop a few months ago from the Roadster Factory. At that time they plenty of RH and two LH, I had one of each.

I don't know who you spoke to at TRF but I dealt with Albert Runyan , owner's son, who seemed to be more aware of the situation with these bits compared to the other staff.

Bit of an off chance but may be worth a punt.

Hi Peter

I have a lovely matching pair! No funny quips please!!!

Both are pit free but the locating pins are missing, any good to you? Price by PM but not outlandish.

Cheers

Alan