TR 3 BRAKE CALIPERS

I do and they still kept sticking, so now I've got three piston Calipers of an early seventies E Type on mine and no servo. They give lighter pedal pressure and a more progressive feel.

My son's company restores all sorts of expensive old classics, mostly R-R & B and all the hydraulic bits are all done by Past Parts who line them with stainless steel. IMO if you don't have this done, you may as well overhaul them yourself.

I still have the original pistons that came with my TR3A brand new 55 years ago. The caliper pistons were stuck after sitting 14 years as I was starting the restoration of my 1958 TR3A in 1987. I cleaned the pistons which seem to have been chrome plated on the outside diameter, polished the bores and put in new seals and have used purple silicone brake fluid for the last 112,000 miles since 1990. The pistons/calipers have never gotten stuck. I believe it's the lubricating nature of the silicone fluid. Oh yes ! My TR sits idle for 5 months every winter and I never had an issue in the spring.