http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-Triumph-Italia-Restored-Collectors-Car-4-speed-w-Overdrive-/151095961119?_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

This is actually a pretty original car that was originally restored by the guys in San Luis Obispo, California who have a reputation for the marque.

Nearly all the correct unobtanium parts are on the car.

Concours contenders would need to deal with some minor incorrect details but it is one of the most correct I have seen.

For some inexplicable reason the owner removed the side trims at the bottom of the doors and painted the grille black, but I saw a photo of the car freshly restored and these details were then correct. The owner stated at the time he had the missing parts.

It has been for sale at $95,000 for a couple of months and looks like the owner needs to cash in.

No connection and I have not seen the car, but to buy and restore an Italia would cost much more than this IMHO.

One sold a few weeks ago for $120,000+ which was very bling, but not completely correct either.

It will be interesting to see what it makes but if I wanted an Italia on the road with potential to improve, a cheeky 'Buy It Now' offer would be quite tempting.

It would be mine if I could only guess this week's lottery numbers.

What a fabulous vehicle, great styling and as attractive as many

Ferrari's if not best of all for the period. Envy the man with the

money who buys it.

Rob

my application for funds is with the National Lottery now.