TR6 sold at H&H Buxton

Could it be that the silent response to this thread is one of shock.......

"OMG.., is that all my 6 is worth...?".

Fear not...saw a yellow '75 TR6 on sale at Silverstone Classic for £29,950 (Clayton Classics). Apparently only 34k miles but so what?

Very smart car, it may well have been pretty much original except for the paint, and nothing wrong with that - 40 year old paint tends to be second rate even at such a low mileage. Not the best body job I've ever seen, but it wasn't at all a bad looking car

A average of less than 1000 miles per annum over 40 years isn't necessarily a bonus, unfortunately . . . . unless it has enjoyed extensive recommissioning in recent years, the likelihood is that there will be a rolling repair and restoration programme for a while once it is put back into regular use. No criticism of the vendor or previous owner in that suggestion, it's simply the way the mechanical and electrical cookies are likely to crumble.

£30K is very high money indeed for a TR6, even at £20K a buyer would expect an unusually elevated degree of attention to detail, and I'd be more than surprised if the market feels the relatively low mileage justifies the premium . . . . TR6s are not exactly uncommon, there must be well over 4000 in the UK, and a fair few of them for sale at any given time.

Cheers

Alec

TR6 Registered 2.7k and on SORN 1.4k. According to the DVLA

Not poss to say number for sale at any one time, obviously.

But Pistonheads have 18 TR6's and 3 TR5's for sale currently.

So plenty of choice. Not many Italia's for sale tho...

Rob