Unusual place to fit gauges

Hi all,

I thought you may be interested to see where I ended up fitting a couple of extra gauges (well, a vacuum gauge and a clock donated by the venerable Alec Pringle).

Cheers

Tony

Car_clock.jpg

Vacuum.jpg

Tony - You've done a really neat job. Looks great.

Are the vents for the foot wells still in place or have you removed all the circular dash and foot well outlets and associated heater pipes as they are redundant in Austraiia?

Regards

Al

Tony - You've done a really neat job. Looks great.

Are the vents for the foot wells still in place or have you removed all the circular dash and foot well outlets and associated heater pipes as they are redundant in Austraiia?

Regards

Al

Yep, all the hard to fit plumbing (which gets in the way when working under the dash) has gone. I really couldn't see the point of the vents in the dash..it's a convertible after all... :D The heater still warms up the interior quite well.

Cheers

Tony

Venerable . . . . . ? :o:wacko:

We'll sort that one out later, pal !!! :P

TR2100 is the one who deserves thanks for the clock - Alan gave me that for the Peerless, it's a nos very early quartz car clock, but as Tony was looking for something period I decided it would be more appropriate for the TR6, and our mutual friend Ryan delivered it by hand from Wiltshire to Western Australia . . . . and I reckon he probably drunk the token tinnie in exchange too !!! :D

Nice job Tony, well done.

Cheers

Alec

ven·er·a·ble (vebreve.gifnprime.gifschwa.gifr-schwa.gif-bschwa.gifl)

adj.
1. Commanding respect by virtue of age, dignity, character, or position.
2. Worthy of reverence, especially by religious or historical association: venerable relics.
3. Venerable Abbr. Ven. or V.
a. Roman Catholic Church Used as a form of address for a person who has reached the first stage of canonization.
b. Used as a form of address for an archdeacon in the Anglican Church or the Episcopal Church.
:lol::lol::lol:
Saint Alec of Wiltshire :ph34r:
Edited by Kiwifrog

This is a great place for gauges if you don't need the eyeball ventilation; I have an Oil Temperature gauge in my car installed by the PO. It sits where the driver side eyeball vent is normally placed.

oil1.jpg

In the PO's words, since he installed it, and I can't take credit for it :) :
"Oil temp gauge - I made that from a combination of a stock water temp gauge and the face from a stock oil pressure gauge. There are two senders. One sender is in the block just above the oil pressure switch by the steering column. The other is as you noticed in the oil pan drain plug. They are switched by one of the toggles under the dash. Red/Yellow wire seems to ring a bell. I never worried about the actual temp of the oil. I found usually it ran 1/2 - 3/4 when switched to the engine block sender, lower when switched to the oil pan sender. I tried to not rev it past 3500 until the oil temp was at least 1/2. To change the oil, just pull the wire off and remove the plug as normal. When done, replace the wire. To be honest I had the oil temp gauge switched to the engine block sender 95% of the time so this plug sender is redundant, but when I first added the gauge I was curious what the temp difference would be between the two locations."